People find themselves in small rooms for various reasons. Many people can only afford a small apartment, and they are happy about it. People in small apartments, however, do need to be creative to get the best of their spaces. Creativity is necessary when it comes to decoration and arranging your area to make it organized. With this, everything will be in order without feeling choked up. If you are looking to make your small space look bigger, here are some tips for you:
- Clean Out the Clutter: With excessive loads, a small area does look cramped. Look for ways of getting things out of sight. Use the shelves; keep things behind the door and table skirts. With everything hidden out of sight, there will be a neat and orderly room that is pleasant to behold.
- Use a Monochromatic Color Scheme. Only go with the same classes of colors. Be sure to apply the same families of colors to the texture finishes, upholstery fabrics, tonal drapery fabrics, etc. One can also get a warm and open look by going for cool and delicate colors.In using contrasting colors, there is a big chance of breaking a space. Also, it is necessary that the colors of the furniture match the wall color.
- Let Light in. A well-lit room will look more significant. The light can either be artificial or natural. Heavy draperies are not advisable. Also, be sure to let light in by keeping windows open. One can also use track lighting and install more lights.
- See through Spaces. Using materials that are see-through will make things beyond look far away. In a small bathroom, for instance, it is not recommended to use an opaque glass shower, instead, use a clear one, without a frame. The room, although being small will look bigger.
- Keep Upholstery Plain. Rather than bold plaids, prints or stripes employ plain colored upholstery for furniture. Neutral tones are the best and make use of texture as well.
- Light and Airy Fabrics. The best recommendation is to make use of sheer fabric that gives the light a through passage. These fabrics are best used in table covers, furniture slipcovers and through window treatments. Soft floral vines or simple stripes can also be used instead of solid colors.
One can get creative to spice things up in a small apartment and make it bigger. Be sure to take the above recommendations and spice things up in your home. Speak with an interior decorator today for more tips on how to arrange your room.